CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Heritage

I've really started to think about my heritage lately. My Aunt Beverlee had posted some information and pictures on her blog from her trip to Denver for her 55th high school reunion. I really enjoyed her stories. My dad had also sent me some scanned copies of some documents about my grandfather on my mom's side. He died when my mom was young, so I never did know him. I was fascinated by the information from the documents, especially the ones about his military service during World War II. It has me thinking how much I really don't know about my heritage and how much I would love to know about both my family and Brad's family. I know that I've heard a lot of stories from my parents and Brad's parents, but I'm not sure if any of it is written down. That might be one of my new projects . . . but we all know how some of my projects go. I think it needs to be recorded though, not only so I don't forget but so my children can have something years from now that reminds them of their heritage. I know, I'm probably the only one interested in these things, it's the historian in me. I guess I will have to motivate myself to do it.

0 comments: