CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Update on Sarah

Sarah's fever finally broke yesterday afternoon, but this morning she had very small reddish spots on her face, chest, and back. So here I was back to freaking out about what is wrong with her and trying to decide on whether I needed to call the doctor's office again. I decided they already think I'm paranoid with my kids, so I called. They said it's too hard to try to diagnose a rash over the phone, so I made an appointment to see one of their nurse practitioners. Anyway, it ends up she has roseola (which the nurse said was in the measles family, which isn't something I liked hearing but I know that doesn't translate to measles and that it's different). I didn't ask if it had anything to do with the flu booster she got, but I figure I'll let myself feel better believing it doesn't because I was beating myself up for having her get that shot. I know Sarah and I went shopping earlier in the week and she was in shopping carts where I am wondering if that might be where she got it from (and stupid me, I forgot the nice cover we have for shopping carts). The nurse said she was contagious while she had the fever, so those of you we saw on Tuesday should be fine. It's something I was told we'll just have to ride it out and she should get over the rash soon. I feel so much better we went in, at least I know what it was even if there isn't anything we really can do about it.

1 comments:

benandnatty said...

That sucks...I am glad that she will be getting over it soon. It is hard not knowing what is wrong with the little stinker, so I am glad that you got a piece of mind now. Give the little spotted cutie a love from her Aunt Natalie! I hope she is feeling better.