CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Early Voting

I went today to take advantage of the early voting that is going on here in Utah. It turned out great. There were a bunch of locations to go to and I chose one one in South Jordan. I went in, filled out a form with a small amount of my info, and handed it to one of the workers with my ID. He gave me a card that looked a lot like a hotel car key which I put into one of the new touch-screen computer systems they are using. I did have to wait in a couple of lines for a few minutes, but it went really fast. The new system was so easy to use and I think it is much better than the old punch card system. It then lets you verify everything and you're done voting. I strongly encourage anyone to go tomorrow (Oct. 31) if you get a chance to vote early. They are only open until 5:00 PM though tomorrow and I do wonder how busy it is going to be on the last day. I just recommend it because I have no idea if they are using the touch-screens on Election Day and I really loved them. I believe every county in Utah is doing early voting, so look it up on your county website if you're interested.
Brad and I are wondering if it will make the lines any shorter at the polls on Election Day. We've decided that we are going to go on a walk up on Election Day to the place we'd normally vote at to see if the lines are shorter.
Oh, and if you are wondering who I voted for, I'm not going to talk about it. I guess I've just seen too many people be judgemental of others' choices. So. . . go vote and vote for who you think will do the best job. That's what makes this country so great is that we all have a voice.

0 comments: