CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't Bring Up Politics

Politics is a subject I usually avoid, since it is such a touchy thing. I couldn't leave this one alone though. I need everyone to understand, I'm not supporting any side, so I just bring this up because it is so darn funny. Brad told me yesterday about an interview Katie Couric did with Sarah Palin that Saturday Night Live parodied almost word for word. I looked it up on You Tube and it really was. Sarah Palin was asked a question relating to the economy and the proposed bailout and her answer was just some babbling about health care and increasing jobs. I couldn't believe it, I would have thought in her position she'd have a lot of people coaching her on what to say. And the economy is a hot topic right now, they should have known it'd come up in the interview. Then you see the parody on Saturday Night Live and they didn't have to change a word. Tina Fey does a great impression of Sarah Palin too (but I love Tina Fey, so I'd love her impression anyway). If you haven't seen the original interview or the Saturday Night Live sketch, go to You Tube and check it out. It is very interesting.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

I have the debate on right now and I'm actually pretty impressed. Maybe it was a fluke before. Who knows.

Brad Chamberlain said...

Palin does well when the pressure is on, Katie Couric is a very soft interviewer so Palin wasn't really prepared to answer a "thinking" question. The SNL sketches just make me want 30 Rock to come back soon!