CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Missing West Jordan

Our house has sold and we've found a beautiful house in Farmington that we are buying. Everything seems to be settling into place. We've even met the new buyers of our house and really like them. However, I find as I'm driving around West Jordan and the surrounding area (especially South Jordan) that there are some things I am really going to miss around here. I thought I'd make a list, just so I can remember later one what I loved (it seems that I always forget as time goes on):

  • I seriously love that I am so close to three Target stores, a bunch of grocery stores, and a great mall. Shopping is so nice out here. Most of it is just around the corner too, if I need to run to get something last minute. Brad just ran to Home Depot for some moving boxes and was gone only about 20 minutes.
  • There is such an urban feel out here. For some reason that works for me.
  • We live in a great ward. I've never felt so at home in any of the other wards I've been in. There are such wonderful people here and I am going to miss them. I'm also going to miss my neighbors. The people out here seem so down to earth.
  • We are so close to three large movie theaters.
  • We are also very close to so many restaurants, including a Cafe Rio. I'm not even sure where the closest Cafe Rio is to where we are moving.
  • I was actually looking forward to year-round school. Now we are going to traditional. I guess we won't be doing a lot of off-season vacations now.
  • Zach had an awesome pre-school teacher this year. I was hoping Sarah would be able to go to her. I'm also going to miss their pediatrician.

Although there is a lot I am going to miss, I know that this move is right. I'm excited to get off a private street and back into a neighborhood. I think my kids need that. I will also be so much closer to family and I feel that is very important for us to do at this time. Our new house is wonderful and has so much that I loved from my current house (and much more). It's just getting used to the suburban life again. It's just another adventure, for the first little while at least. I will at least have some great memories of West Jordan. Now it's time to move on and I'm fine with that.

1 comments:

Brad Chamberlain said...

You wouldn't be missing year round school now anyway :0)