CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Insanity

I've decided that selling a home is not for me. I think it is slowly leading me to insanity. We have periods of no one looking at our home and then we get a few people. Then, there is the cleaning frenzy. Now, my realtors are really, really good at giving me notice. I usually have a few hours to do it. What is driving me crazy is that the appointments are usually at a time where I'm alone doing the cleaning while trying to get my kids to a) leave me alone, b) stay out of the cleaning products, and c) not mess up what I just cleaned. By the time I'm done, I'm usually close to tears. Why do I do it then? Because I'd like to sell my house and I want it to look spectacular, hoping someone will fall in love with it.
Then there are the appointments. From what I've learned, Salt Lake County agents are just too busy to give any feedback on your house. So, every time someone goes through my home I'm left with hope and anticipation that they will be the one. Just to go days without knowing anything about it. It is such a let down. We've had two people give feedback (out of probably 14), one saying they didn't like how close the houses are and the other didn't like that we had an irregular shaped yard. OK, I can respect that. I am so glad also that they were kind enough to put me out of my misery by letting me know they weren't interested.
I guess part of why I am frustrated is that I felt so strongly that we were supposed to move closer to our families. Now, I'm not so sure if I was right. Maybe I imagined it, maybe it was all me. I don't know and I hope that it gets resolved soon.
So, I'm sitting here today wondering about the people that were here last night. They were here for at least a half hour (we leave, but I know it was that long based on when we tried to come back home to when they actually left). I'm left wondering if they loved the home or if they just were killing time. I'm really not sure how much I can take of this roller coaster ride. I guess I could just sit back and enjoy the ride, even if it does drive me insane.

3 comments:

Brad Chamberlain said...

When do I get to say "I told you so"?

Laurie said...

You can say that when we have something offical.

Brad Chamberlain said...

I told you so.
(Now I feel better)