CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, November 21, 2008

Things That Make Your Day

I was having a couple of weeks where things were frustrating me. I'm not saying they were valid frustrations, but that is what was happening. Frustration seems to me to be something that will bring you down. I was lucky in that something came along yesterday that totally made my day. I had a friend from long ago contact me through Facebook. Nina used to live across the street from me and in the summer of 1986 I would say our group of friends were inseparable. We had a lot of fun. Nina moved while we were in junior high and I only have seen her once since then and that was a little less than 15 years ago. I was actually thinking of Nina just a couple of days ago when something sparked a memory from that time. I tried to look her up on Facebook when I joined a couple of months ago, along with any other long lost friends I could think of. I was so thrilled that she joined and looked for me too. We had a good email conversation yesterday and it really made my day. I know I probably look too much in the past in my life, maybe that's the part of me that loves history too. But something I tend to regret is that I've never been good at staying in contact with my friends. I'm not the type to make a lot of friends, but the friends I do make I consider to be very good friends. I don't know why, if these friendships are so important to me, that I allow them to slip away over time. Maybe we're all like that, I guess my friends have let me slip away too. At least I've been given a chance at redemption. Now if only all of my other friends from eras past would sign up on Facebook.

Here's a picture of the group, minus me (I'm taking the picture).

1 comments:

benandnatty said...

I am glad that you found your friend! Love the pic...don't you just love how the hair do's can date the picture?