CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 10, 2008

Dancing Monkeys

I was having a weekend where everything was driving me crazy. I was trying so hard to keep it under control, but I felt like I was heading towards a nervous breakdown. Just one of those things. I had the best thing happen to me though . . . a good laugh. We were driving to visit family Sunday evening and stopped at a stoplight next to a giant electronic sign. One of those full color ones with all the animation. A couple of fully feathered, beautiful turkeys pop up and I get Zach to look at it - "Zach, look at the turkeys!" He looks just as the sign changes to line of about five or so "dead" turkeys - you know, just how they look cooked. Plus, they are dancing. I'm thinking "Oh no, how am I going to explain this one to Zach?" Bless his heart, Zach says "Look, dancing monkeys." I know it wasn't that funny, but I couldn't stop laughing for a good couple of minutes. I'd just have to say "dancing monkeys" to get myself laughing again. I think Brad was considering committing me though at one point. Oh, but it was the best medicine for a cranky weekend.

2 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

I loved this story. Don't kids say the darndest thing?

Aunt Beverlee

benandnatty said...

You finally got your background changed!! I love it! Go Jazz!