CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Hair Today, Gone Tomorrow

I know most of you already know this, but I cut my hair again. I'm pretty lazy about hair cuts and eventually my hair is long again. Not too long, but long enough I think about a hair cut. But if I'm patient and wait a few months more, I know I'll have enough to donate it. So, this is the third time I've done it. It is so much fun because it is such a dramatic change, not just the taking of a few inches off. It takes 10 inches to donate and while I never really know how long it is (I never measure), I know it's at least that. Plus, I love the thought that something so simple to me as my hair can help a child who is in need because of cancer or whatever. My sister-in-law Kristi introduced me to Locks of Love, an organization that helps provide wigs to children in need, due to cancer treatments or other medical conditions. They either will use your hair to make wigs or sell it to offset any costs. It makes me feel really good that something that comes so easy to me with growing my hair can do something for others.

1 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa said...

Your hair is darling. I have never seen it any other way than long. It makes you look so young (not that you are old). You have a lot more patience than I do. I hate that in between stage of growing hair out when you don't know what in the heck to do with it. What a good cause you are giving to. Not everyone can grow hair fast enough but you are sure good at it. Aunt Beverlee